Friday 21 August 2009

August Update

Update time...

I've been using the Anti Glare screen protector from Boxwave for a while now and it's brilliant, it cuts down reflections on the screen enough to make the phone quite useable even in strong sunlight, it also eliminates those subtle greasy streaks your fingers will always leave on the screen, not a big problem but I'm happier they're gone as I was forever having to wipe the screen, those smudges bugged me!

As for the Invisible Shield from Zagg, I'm disappointed, firstly at the less than perfect fit, which I could live with, and secondly at the peeling edges, a couple of areas of the phone have a few mm's of the shield peeled back, probably caused by the pouch I keep my phone in. I'll be contacting zagg and see what they have to say about that.

Rooting, I've not rooted my phone yet (rooting is 'hacking' the phone so you can run custom versions of the operating system (roms)) but I'm seriously considering it mostly as a performance boost and features gain, now that I hear there will be no more major updates for the phone I still want fancy things!
At some point, when I have the time to transfer my contacts to my old nokia as a backup (just in case! I need this thing for my work!) I'll be having a go at rooting and acquiring a new ROM.

More app reviews coming up when I get the time, my regular work is keeping me pretty busy, and as I'm self employed I have to exploit busy to the full!

No comments:

Post a Comment