Friday 14 August 2009

App Review: PowerTime Widget


I blogged a while ago about a widget I wanted to have, something that could learn from battery drain and battery level and predict how much time you have left on your battery, sounded like a complicated thing to do, but I found a widget that does exactly that.

PowerTime is that widget, it's a simple 1x1 widget that shows your battery life in % and in Minutes (or seconds when it gets really low). I'm not sure how it figures this out, there is a calibration process where you start with a full battery and run your phone in normal use until below 50% so I guess it's a time / voltage drop thing, but I've noticed that it's smarter than that, pull your phone out of your pocket after little use for a period of time and you'll see the widget tell you that you've got hours left (because it's been in your pocket doing nothing), use it intensely such as GPS or suchlike for a few minutes and you'll see the time remaining change to reflect the time left if you keep-up this level of activity. Pretty smart, I like it alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment