Saturday 18 July 2009

Back In Black

I've liked simple black themes on phones for a while, I made my own themes for my Nokia E51 with CarbideUI before I got my G1, one of the first things I did when I got the G1 was add one of my photos to it....This is one of my photos of model Roswell Ivory (see more of my photography on my website www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk it's my work).

Now I've completed the black look with the help of: BetterCut (for changing icons), Glasklart Icon Pack (most of the icons you see) with the addition of an icon I customised with red trim for Gmail:

And Weather Widget, which uses a flip-clock with a built-in weather display on your main screen
I'm using some custom weather icons which are a mixture of 'Klear' and 'GlossyBlack' (probably breaking several rules by doing so....)
Click on the icon to download the zip file, save it to your sd card and then open it from within the Weather Widget control panel

Another addition to my phone is the Matt anti-glare screen protector, I was using a mirror screen protector and although it was cool it was impossible to use in bright sunlight. I bought an InvisibleShield kit from Zagg but decided to omit the shiny screen protector. After much waiting the Boxwave Cleartouch Anti-Glare arrived (slow shipping form USA), it's a simple single piece screen that fits in seconds (as opposed to minutes for the stick-on Zagg kit), and it works, no greasy fingermarks (I hate that), massively reduced glare (you can still 'see' the reflection of light sources such as the sky when walking around but the phone is definitely usable, as opposed to barely usable without and definitely not usable with the mirror screen protector).

All apps are available in the Android Market, just search for the names as written here.

No comments:

Post a Comment